Kelly Educational Staffing, in partnership with Clay County Public Schools, supplies and manages the substitute teacher/ teacher’s aide workforce. This site provides you with information regarding our company, how to become a substitute teacher, and the partnership between Clay County Public Schools and Kelly Educational Staffing.
Employment with Kelly Educational Staffing
Thank you for your interest in Substitute Teaching with Kelly Educational Staffing. We are currently accepting applications for new hire substitute teachers and substitute teacher assistants. Please call us directly at 904-264-2067 to schedule an appointment, and thank you again for your interest in Kelly Services. If you have ever worked, applied or are currently employed with Kelly Educational Staffing please call us directly at 904-264-2067 to determine your eligibility.
Hiring Process for Substitute Teaching in Clay County
Minimum criteria for becoming a substitute teacher:
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college/university recognized by the US Department of Education. Copies of transcripts, faxed transcripts, or on-line printouts of transcripts are not accepted.
- An ability to pass a background and fingerprint check
Minimum criteria for becoming a substitute teacher assistant:
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school/college/university recognized by the US Department of Education.
- An ability to pass a background, drug test, and fingerprint check
To complete the application and hiring process you will need to:
- Complete the employment application
- Provide two Government IDs that show you are eligible to work in the United States. One must be a picture ID.
- Submit an official college transcript reflecting your highest degree completed.
- Be prepared to be fingerprinted for Clay County District Schools at the Kelly Educational Staffing office. The cost for fingerprinting is $72.50, at the applicant’s expense.
- Attend an Informational Meeting and an Orientation session at the Kelly Educational Staffing office. Business attire required for both.
- Please bring with you complete current and previous address history going back 10 years.
- Please bring with you complete work history for the last three (3) jobs held.
- Please bring with you detailed information for three (3) references. Please provide two professional letters of reference.
- Please bring with you a printout on bank letterhead that shows the following: name(s) on the bank account; account type, bank routing number, account number. This information is required to submit with our Direct Deposit form for payroll purposes.
- You will be interviewed
- Associate's Degree: $11.33 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree: $12.00 per hour
- Master's Degree or higher: $13.33 per hour
- Long-term Substitute shall be paid $150.00 for a 7.5 hour day. Long-term Substitute must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or Clay County School District Vocational Certification. Long-term Substitute Teachers are defined as teachers who are employed in a long-term assignment of eleven (11) to sixty (60) days for the same teacher.
Substitute Teacher Assistant:
- High School Diploma: $8.30 per hour
- High School Diploma with KES ESE TA training: $9.50 per hour
About Kelly Educational Staffing
Since 1997 we have been helping school districts adapt to changing conditions by building workforce programs that support their goals. Today we are not only the leader, but the largest provider of substitute staff across the U.S., working with nearly 4,000 schools across 35 states and achieving a daily national placement rate greater than 98%. More than 1 million classrooms are filled by a KES substitute teacher each year.
We place qualified personnel at educational institutions including elementary, middle, and high schools, and in public or private schools or districts. We have experience and a proven track record with large volume clients, and have handled more than 10,000 absences per day during the school year. All of this combined with an industry-leading, user-friendly automated scheduling system on the Frontline platform with 24/7/365 web and phone access for requesting/ scheduling staff and online timekeeping.
KES believes that Education is a shared responsibility - and we live that mission every day.
The Kelly Educational Staffing Team