Since 1997, Kelly Educational Staffing has provided substitute teacher management solutions to meet the challenges of thousands of schools nationwide. We are the largest employer of substitute teachers nationwide and have provided placements more than four million times. Kelly Educational Staffing has worked with thousands of schools as well as after school programs. To date, over 91 million student learning days have been taught by a Kelly Educational Staffing substitute teacher.
We place qualified personnel at educational institutions including elementary, middle, and high schools, and in public or private schools or districts, with a daily placement rate greater than 98%. We have experience and a proven track record with large volume clients and, in total, handle between 5,000 and 6,000 absences per day during the school year. All of this is combined with a 24/7 Web and IVR-based absence management tracking system for real time data and real time results.
Positions Available - Substitute Teacher
Kelly Educational Staffing is NOW hiring. The prescreening process is available for applicants seeking to become a substitute teacher for Duval County Public Schools.
Hiring Process for Substitute Teaching for Duval County Public Schools:
Please note that the hiring processes, procedures, and costs are subject to change.
Minimum criteria for becoming a substitute teacher:
- 60 college credit hours or higher from an accredited college/university recognized by the US Department of Education from an accredited college/university
- The ability to pass a background and fingerprint check
- Ability to read and write in English
- Favorable results on criminal background checks
- Completion of an informational session on substitute teaching to be conducted on the day of your interview
- Successful completion of a behavioral interview
- Completion of the mandatory employment orientation for substitute teaching with Kelly Educational Staffing
- Accept direct deposit or pay on a payroll card
- Flexible schedule to work same day assignment
To complete the application and hiring process you will need to:
- Provide two Government IDs that show you are eligible to work in the United States. One must be a picture ID.
- Submit an official college transcript reflecting your highest degree completed from an accredited college/university.
- Please provide two professional letters of reference.
- Be prepared to be fingerprinted for Duval County Public Schools at the Kelly Educational Staffing office. The cost for fingerprinting is $72.50, at the applicant’s expense.
- Attend an Informational Meeting and an Orientation session at the Kelly Educational Staffing office. Business attire required for both.
- Please bring with you a printout on bank letterhead that shows the following: name(s) on the bank account; account type, bank routing number, account number. This information is required to submit with our Direct Deposit form for payroll purposes.
- Complete on-line Smart Practices/TeacherMatch training (no cost to you). This information will be emailed when your appointment has been set.
- You will be interviewed after you complete your application and attend the Informational Meeting.
Daily Pay Rate:
- 60 college credits/ Associates Degree - $66.50
- Bachelor’s degree or higher - $84.00
By working for Kelly Educational Staffing, you will enjoy many benefits including:
- Pick your own schools and schedule!
- Flexibility and pre-planning capabilities when accepting and choosing substitute teacher assignments
- Weekly pay directly deposited into your bank account
- Service Bonus pay
- Health benefits
Kelly Educational Staffing
4168 Southpoint Parkway, Suite 201
Jacksonville, FL 32216
904-245-7555, ext. 245